Doug's Weblog, the youth pastor at Berean Bible Church in New Orleans

Thursday, December 08, 2005

DTS podcast

Dallas Theological Seminary started a couple of podcasts for your listening pleasure. Surf over there and you'll find two podcasts: DTS dialogue and Chapel online.

I have been listening to "What Katrina has taught us about the Church." It is pretty good to hear some talk on a big picture level about what this situation tells us about the American church. As someone on the ground level, I agree with many of the observations and conclusions they draw.

BUT, I have to admit, I couldn't help but be annoyed as I listened. Dr. Bailey, Dr. Cecil and Dr. Bock all spoke in the past tense. They spoke as if this thing is over. Hurricane relief is just beginning down here. The church's response is not over. Our list of people who need help steadily grows each day.

Now, I think these guys understand that. In fact, they said it once or twice during the discussion. I guess I just get worried sometimes that we will get forgotten. We need your help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home