Doug's Weblog, the youth pastor at Berean Bible Church in New Orleans

Monday, December 19, 2005

So I got an email about a week and a half ago from Ted Dekker's official website about an opportunity to preorder his new book and receive it early. The new book is entitled Showdown and is supposed to be released at the beginning of January. FedEx delivered my copy on Friday. Horray! So far it is very good. Maybe his best novel yet. Although I must warn you, it is dark...way darker than you might imagine a "Christian" novel should be. I guess that is what happens when a writer explores the core of our souls. It gets messy.

If you haven't heard of Ted Dekker, I would highly recommend him. I have been scared to death of Christian fiction...picturing it as cheesy, sugar-coated and amateurish. Dekker is none of the above. I read Thr3e shortly after it was published a couple of years ago (which, by the way, is currently being made into a movie). I was hooked. I would recommend it as a good entry book into Dekker's writings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool. I didn't know THR3E was being made into a movie. I'll look forward to that.

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home